Saturday, January 5, 2013

Materials Freebie: Snowy Speech Packet

Does anyone else have progress reports due the week you get back?  Between that and 8 IEP meetings on the 14th, I needed a little something to help transition the kids back and make my planning a little easier.

I was inspired by Sublime Speech's Halloween packet.  Since using them back in October, my students have been asking for another packet.  Well, ask, and they shall receive!

Enter the Snowy Speech Packet, which is a new freebie I whipped up for articulation kiddos.  Word lists are included for /s/, /r/, /l/, "th", "sh"/"ch"/"j"



I love packets like this because I can use them in stations while I work with 1 student one on one with my older students.  The students love them because it lets them get creative, and they love being able to share their pictures.  Plus, taking them home and sharing them with family is great practice!

The first activity is using the word lists to develop a story.
 
The students then come up with their own spell to chant for a snow day (boy, my students want a snow day so badly! They started asking in November!)

Next, the students use 3 words from their lists to draw a winter scene.

After that, they use 6 words and put them in sentences.


Last, but not least, they try to come up with 3 more winter words with their target sound.



You can grab it at my TpT store.  Because the idea was so heavily influenced by Danielle at Sublime Speech, this product will remain free.  I just ask that you please leave feedback if you download it.

1 comment: